Whether you're traveling on business or with the family, getting a rental car shouldn't be a hassle as long as you do your homework and are prepared. Edmonds.com compiled this quick guide to help you on your journey. These are facts and questions you should know before signing the contract.
1. Make a reservation at least one week in advance.
2. Choose a company based on rates, vehicle availability and service.
3. Should you buy the rental company's insurance policies?
4. Put all additional drivers in the rental contract.
5. Pre-pay or refuel it yourself?
6. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly before you leave the lot.
7. Stick to the contract's terms.
8. What if the vehicle breaks down?
9. What if the vehicle is damaged?
10. Return your rental car on time.